Finally! Revolutionize Learning & Development (Performance and Innovation Strategy for the Information Age) is now shipping, (and has been available on Kindle for a couple of weeks), so at last you should be able to get your mitts on it if you’re so inclined. And, if you’re at all involved in trying to make your organization successful, I will immodestly suggest you might want to be so inclined.
Just as background, it documents my claim that organizational L&D isn’t doing what it could and should be doing, and what it is doing, it is doing badly. Then it lays out elements that should be considered, what it would look like if it were going well, and how you might get there. While the exact strategy for any one organization will be dependent on where they are and the nature of the business, there are some frameworks to help you apply those to your business. The goal is to move to Performance & Development, coupling optimal execution with continual innovation.
If you’re curious but not yet ready to dig in, let me mention a couple of things:
- there’s a free sample available
- I was interviewed by GameOn Learning’s Bryan Austin about the topic (shorter and more focused)
- I was also interviewed by Rick Zanotti of Relate (longer and more wide-ranging)
And, if you’re going to be at ASTD’s International Conference in DC next week, I will be there and:
- presenting about the issues on Monday the 5th of May at 4:30 PM in room 146B (session M313)
- signing copies right after (5:30 PM) in the ASTD book store
- holding an author chat on Wednesday May 7th at 9:45 AM also at the ASTD Bookstore
So, check it out, and see if it makes sense to you. Or you can just go ahead and get it. I hope to see you in DC, and welcome your feedback!
Leave a Reply